As mamas, we know we need to (and deserve to) look after ourselves – but sometimes we forget to actually, you know, do it!
So in order to remind myself (and actually stick to it), I will be posting weekly challenges on my Facebook page each Monday, and I encourage you to join me! Some weeks they will be basic self-care challenges, and other weeks they will be completely and utterly self indulgent (yep, I’m looking forward to those weeks too!). I will then add each challenge to the list below.
Note: Scheduling, committing or taking time to look after yourself isn’t just something you do when you’re burnt out. It’s great for maintaining energy and happiness in life, and practising it regularly means it becomes ‘normal’ – which is good for everyone!
If you already do the weekly challenge, or if it doesn’t apply to you, feel free to choose something else – either on the list or your own. The idea is just to take some time at the beginning of the week to plan or set your self-care goal for the week.
- Eat breakfast every day this week – in the morning!
- Set aside time to give yourself a mani
- Do something you’ve wanted to do for a while but have been putting off due to the “I don’t have enough time” excuse
- In one minute, write down 10 awesome things about yourself
- Go for a walk outside and breathe in the fresh air
- Book out an hour of child free, work free, everything free time
- Write down goals for the following year and do something this week to start working towards one of them
What’s something you do regularly to look after yourself? Feel free to let me know below 👇